Y marriage :)

Y marriage.??
Now that's an InteResting Q'n right !!
Hmm - It is a lifetime Commitment based on Trust, Respect for each other, Love, Liking, Care, etc etc.. is what we get to hear from people who are either in love or from people who are married. That is also correct in a way. Aha ! Good to hear.
By the way - An age to get married is very crucial in ones life (like a milestone) !!  :) :P
But  s.o.m.e.t.i.m.e.s - I really wonder - Y marriage ??  Thinking aloud on this I happened to get into a conversation with one of my cosin, but still we couldn't get a proper answer to the question though we spent some 40-45 min of the ISD call on this :)  (call was incoming, so I had no problem with the time hehehe.).!!
Ok, so keeping aside the call charges n the duration of the call :P
This is how it went -
He had asked me a q'n similar to the one that I had had in my mind from a long time. He asked me "Uma why should a person get married" ??
I thought for few seconds n replied - Well, I may say, Marriage is to get a life partner who can be with you in both your good n bad times, to share your feelings n your thoughts with each other.
He cut my sentence inbetween n said - But Uma even you have your friends to be with you all the time to share your thoughts n feelings right ?? Then Y marriage.??
Again the same qn was thrown in my court.
Hmm, now I had to answer him in a more convincing way on this.
So in simple terms I said - dude, friends are of course there n will be there but they can't be with you all the times right.? And moreover you can't share your bed with your friends right ??
I thought that was an intelligent answer for him to get convinced. (but I din't know that it was coming back to me as a bouncer.)
He asked me again - but Uma you sure can share it with the so called friends if they are fine with you going a bit further. right.!!
n boom !!. I was speechless for few seconds.
So I spoke again. But dear, then it wouldn't be called as Friendship right.??  It is more like Friends with Benefits.
It would then go under a category called as: affairs, flirtings, time passes, etc. Friendship subsides there!!
n This time it was his turn to go Speechless. Hahaha.
And it went on like this for a few mins.
Then we thought okay we better give some time for the thought n then talk again on this with new set of inputs.
.
Q'n is still there - Y marriage.??
what's the purpose of it when life can still go on even otherwise !!
.
So, incase you get a better answer to this then do write into me pls. :)
.
Regards
Uma

Comments

Uma,

you get this answer when you are very old, and nobody is taking care of you.
Each and every person needs attention. It doesn't mean that marriage is everything but it certainly true that when u have someone whom you can share your happiness and also your bad times.
Its not the question to be answered but to be realised. Some questions in the universe are answer-less but still they exists because everyone realises the fragrance of that.
Soldier ask question to Hitler, enemies are surrounded us all directions, what shd we do?
Hitler told, thats fantastic, we can attack them in all direction.
Its the way you think, way you act, way you realise matters.
uma bhat said…
Hey scientist dear..thanx on dat.
wat u said is wat i had replied to dat cosin of mine.. but hes not convinced n says - somehow dis isnt convincing me wen other ppl (frends) are always there for you..
so had written this piece.

Popular posts from this blog

They say - some relations come with only a certain span of lifetime....after which they are just not there but you have ther swt memories :)

"ಅಕ್ಕಿ ರೊಟ್ಟಿ ಮತ್ತೂ ನಿಂಬು ಶರಬತ್ "..