They say - some relations come with only a certain span of lifetime....after which they are just not there but you have ther swt memories :)

My daily pick up for office was @ 6.40 am and the cab used to come by 6.35 am. I had to get up by 5.30 to get ready & also help my mom in kitchen. Being a Suryavamshi, I did not like waking up so early, but slowly I had started liking the morning walks to the bus stop. Fresh air, cold breeze, people jogging and walking (inspiring). I realized that I had started looking forward for my pick up and getting up that early morning wasn't hell anymore. And to add to this, my commute to office had become nicer. Why?  Because I had made a new friend on the way to my office. If you are wondering what so special in this - I and this new friend - we both had never spoken to each other but still we knew each other :)

This new friend, I discovered used to stand near a tea stall next to the Ramaiah stop just before the pizza hut from around 6.45 am till 7 or 7.15 am to have tea with his friend. I had never noticed that he was looking @ me. My colleague told me one day - I think that guy is looking @ you. I ignored at first, then as the days passed, I noticed he was actually looking @ me daily.
I figured there was a different spark and a different smile in his eyes when he looked @ me as n when my cab used to pass that spot. He was there everyday & so was I :p

Missing these few seconds of the day, I would feel as if i'm missing something.
My cab mates were fun including the cab driver. And my cab driver I guess had observed this guy looking at me. To add to the teasing from my cab mates, he used to honk as soon as we crossed the Ramaiah signal - giving an indication to that guy that we are here hehe.
My cab mates had already made him my boyfriend - and I never complained ;)

One day i had to take a leave, I couldn't see him and the next day he was there in his spot. Again.

But this time with a question in his eyes asking me where was I?  Why was I absent?
And I don't know why, but it felt good :)
Felt good thinking somebody had missed me in my absence :)
[And so, after that I had not applied leave again.]

Best part was - it was almost more than 3-4 mths for this and I had not seen his friend's face till date though he used to stand right next to this guy. hehe.
And then the unexpected happened :(
Because of some stupid thing called Day light saving, my office timing was changed from 8-5 to 9-6.
So my pick up time also had changed from 6.40 to 7.40 am. And since then I haven't seen him :(
I did not know how to tell him about the change in time. It has been 3 mths now. Just wanted to say :
And your Eyes . . . .

Comments

mcganesh said…
Shape of earth is almost a circle.. dont worry you will meet him again k...ha
uma bhat said…
Hehehe thanx Ganesh :)
I just hope so..
Sometimes its not necessary that u shud have a relation with the person to miss him/her.. Right.!!
Anonymous said…
World is small and round ... take my words you both will meet for sure ....atleast u ll get to tell me about this :)
Ravi Karthik said…
Good memory to cherish for a lifetime!
Anil Muthanna said…
Some relationships are good that way, it can loose it's essence even by just an hi...
This story wouldn't have felt this great if he had spoken and u had been friends..some people become special for life time by being anonymous
uma bhat said…
Hi Unknown

You are right !!
I guess, that is why this incident still feels fresh and sweet even after years.

Somethings are special just like that.

Popular posts from this blog

"ಅಕ್ಕಿ ರೊಟ್ಟಿ ಮತ್ತೂ ನಿಂಬು ಶರಬತ್ "..